2016 Lehigh Valley Awards
Land Development Project Winner
The NB Center for American
City of Allentown
• AC Drive-In Holdings LLC
• Allentown Classic Motor Cars
• Benjamin L. Walbert Architects
• Brown Design Corp.
• City of Allentown
• Hanover Engineering Associates
• LB&W Design Associates, Inc.
• Norris McLaughlin & Marcus, P.A.
• Pennsylvania Site Contractors, Inc.
• Shane Patrick Associates Inc.
• The NB Center for American Automotive Heritage
• World Wide Stereo
Through the adaptive reuse of the former Boulevard Drive-In movie theater site, the NB Center for American Automotive Heritage project has successfully converted a long fallow East Allentown location into a 30.7 acre campus devoted to the restoration, preservation, education and promotion of American Automotive History. In addition to the fully restored and updated drive-in theater and the “proving grounds” for testing and displaying a collection of over 150 antique cars, the project includes a new clubhouse and entertainment facility that draws on Pennsylvania’s rural architecture, renovated industrial buildings supporting the organization’s endeavors, and a state of the art laboratory for the Historical Vehicle Association (HVA) to photograph, digitize and permanently archive American automotive history for the Library of Congress.